Friday, February 09, 2007

Howdy doody!!

Well, it's been quite awhile since I've posted, but I'm finally making time. The insanity of deadlines for filing quarterly and end of year returns has past and now the bloodsucking can begin. (Oops! Did I say that out loud?) I mean it's time to focus on taxes and bleeding people for as much money as possible to send to the Feds!!! Oh, maybe I shouldn't say that, since I am one of those leaches!!!!

Anywho, life is interesting. You never know what each day is going to bring. Today it's beautifully sunny but freakin' cold! But I had a great morning having breakfast at Bob Evans with my wife and kids, my parents, my sister-in-law, and two of my aunts from Pittsburgh.

Yesterday seemed to be the opposite kind of day. I got to work early and not long into the day I started being presented with problem after problem after problem, etc. I could have strangled the next person who called with a problem!!!

One such problem was with someone's W2. We have been switching from our old DOS payroll program (can you believe the are still out there?) to a new windows program. Somehow, in the process, Someones annual income was put into the system incorrectly and it appeared on the W2 as if they earned four more paychecks than they actually had. Not to mention that the new program held taxes at a different rate (new Ohio rates) than the old program, so that threw off their paystubs, etc. while the amount we were direct depositing (which was already set at a default in the direct deposit system) was lower due to the difference in taxes!!!! So if you can follow all that, and even if you can't, you can see that it is completely SCREWED UP!!! It's quite frustrating to say the least. That's how the day ended.

But the day was redeemed when I went to my parents' house and had dinner with my brother and his family, my family and my aunts. We spent a lot of time laughing histerically, primarily at my brother and his wife. They were a trip. I learned a lot about the heating and cooling industry (my brother is in that line of work). Every time the subject was changed, Phil amazingly brought it back to heating and cooling. It was quite hilarious.

Well, I stop rambling and let you get back to reading more interesting, less rambling blogs.

No comments: