Friday, January 04, 2008

I'M BACK!!!!

Well, folks, I know it's been a long time (in case you didn't notice I last posted in March), but I have finally returned to the world of blogging.
I hope life is finding you all grand. Life here has been busy and is about to get busier. A new year is upon us and with that ushers in the ever dreaded tax season. This will be my second tax season working in this line of work and I must say...I'm not looking forward to it. But alas, I will suffer through it in order to receive my weekly paycheck. :)

Christmas at our house was good this year. Kendra's folks came over on Christmas Eve and stayed all night. It was nice to have them there while the kids opened their presents at 6:30 am!!! My parents dropped by for about an hour and then rushed off to my brothers' houses. We went NO WHERE!!! We spent the whole day at home.

For New Year's Eve, we went to Kendra's sister's house and played games all night long. We slept on an air matress in her living room. Our kids stayed up until almost 2 a.m.!! It was nuts. We were awakened (Is that right?) at 5 a.m. to the sound of baby toys going off. Lukas or Zack kicked them in their sleep and they began playing music. The boys were up at 8 and got up to play while the rest of us were up at about 9:30. We were all exhausted, but we had a good day.
Getting home from Coshocton was quite interesting, however. The weather called for about an inch of snow and that was it. Well, it took us two hours to get home because when we hit Newark, OH we were driving on a sheet of ice. We ended up getting about 3 inches!! It's still on the ground. It has been about 20 degrees the last couple of days and right now (at 4:30 p.m.) it is 37!! Whoo Hoo!!! Heat wave!!! :)

Well, that is our holiday in a nutshell. I'll stop rambling on now. It's good to be back in the blog-o-sphere!!!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Well, Eric. It's about time. I was tired of reading about Lukas and American Idol. Welcome back. :)

mi*chelle said...

WELCOME!!! :) My name is Michelle, in case you forgot. It's been a while! :) HA!

Anonymous said...

Hey Eric! Glad you're back - Angie and I just jumped back in too! Renewed energy I guess. :-) Glad to hear things are going well - we'll have to talk again soon!

Anonymous said...

WAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIT a second here! I thought you were back ... and I keep checking. Hmmmmmmmmmm ....